Saturday, August 4, 2007

The power of twenty-two dollars

So what can you buy with twenty-two dollars? I am standing at the corner of West Franklin and Adams here in downtown Richmond. I am talking to a friend of mine on gtalk and a man approached me, telling me about his broken down truck with tools and what not. He was willing to have me hold his tools for collateral just so he can borrow a few dollars to get his truck towed and repaired. He was short twenty-two dollars from the collection that he had gathered.

Luckily I had a few spare bucks and I gave him the remaining amount that he desperately needed.

The question now is, did I just get conned? Or was this truly an individual that needed the money? Well, I would like to believe that this 47 year young hard working african american man is a decent man and just needed a little help.

He had asked me for a business card so that he could pay me back, but of course, I am all out of my business card - as if I would carry them in the first place. LOL. I told him that he could make a donation on behalf of the Department of Health and Human Services.

He said thank-you many times over and quickly left for his broken down truck.

I hope Mr Williams was able to put the money to a good use.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

free hit counter